Blog Journal #10

     Working on Assignment 5: Powerpoint Interaction helped me acquire skills I did not anticipate. The first of these is how to create a sensible flow of information. I had to find the balance between being creative and conveying accurate information in a way that students would understand. In regards to the skills required for making the actual presentation, I now am able to time my transitions appropriately. I am also able to layer graphics and create hyperlinks. I think one of the things I did not like about the assignment was the length/number of slides we had to include, but I also layered a lot of information on every slide so I think that put more work on myself. Next time, I would be more consistent in my transitions and use more visual/audio effects like videos and music. Maybe I would include videos of the real scientific processes for some of the experiments.


    As a teacher, I think I could use Qualtrics to gauge classroom engagement. Do my students feel like lessons are captivating or boring? What types of assignments do they wish to see? How much time are they spending on homework each week? I think I could also use it to discover more demographic information about my students which can help me adapt my lessons. If I were teaching middle school science, I could use it to find out if students want more experiments, see what experiments they have done in other classes, etc.. 
    I would like to learn about coding programs for students, like Scratch or other block code websites. I believe these teach valuable logic and reasoning skills. It is also a fun, creative, and engaging activity for students. This is something that I used in the past but have not had practice with in a while. In association with this, I know there are also physical robots and tools that students can program to see their code come to life. Any information about this would be cool to learn and experiment with. I know the FSU Tech Sandbox has some of these robots, and I know these coding programs are free online, so I may try to explore them on my own. 

Comments

Popular Posts