Blog Journal #9

     In EME 2040, I enjoy how thorough the instruction is in class. I feel like the demonstrations adequately represent the tasks we are assigned to do. I also like the balance between educational and fun. We do a lot of activities, like the in-class Jeopardy game, that teach us things but also break up instruction. When I am a teacher, I think I may do more interactive things, like Kahoot or other engagement activities.

    Open Educational Resources (OER) are freely accessible materials for learning, teaching, and research. These resources can encompass a wide range of content types, including textbooks, lecture notes, videos, quizzes, and interactive simulations, among others. According to an article from Towson University, OER should be used because they allow for revising and remixing of content, the removal of price barriers, and more. Perhaps the biggest of these points is enhanced textbook affordability. This article can be found here.

    One of the skills I used in the Powerpoint assignment that I have not used in a while is narrating my powerpoint. This is a useful skill because I can make instructional videos, tutorial videos, and more for not only my future classes as a teacher but also as a student here at FSU. I liked how the emphasis of the assignment was not on the information because this allowed me to devote more time into creating the actual powerpoint and setting up how the information flows to my audience. Next time, I think I can improve it by having less words on my slides and clearer diagrams, especially since I am narrating and explaining anyways.

Comments

Popular Posts