Blog Journal 5

     In using Twitter(X)/Instagram for my Personal Learning Network, I have been able to build my knowledge of resources to use in the classroom. I have found neat tools, demonstrations of how to use resources, and more. Some of these things come from teachers who have worked in the classroom from several years while others come from newer teachers who found "hacks" to problems they have had as they adapt to teaching in a classroom for the first time. I think in my future career it could be beneficial to have a community where I can find resources that change with the times while also having a space to ask questions if I need to.

    With schools implementing more technology, the digital divide is becoming even more evident. If students are not able to access technology effectively at home, they may not be able to complete their assignments in time or complete them well. They may also feel stress or pressure which adds to the anxiety they already experience in their daily lives for a variety of other reasons. Some causes for the digital divide are lack of resources, lack of education on how to use technology, lack of finances to afford technology, or lack of availability of devices (i.e., sharing with siblings or others who live in the household). As a classroom teacher, knowing my students' situations with technology can help me plan lessons accordingly so as to adapt and be inclusive toward people in all different situations. Sometimes, I may have to create alternative assignments that do not integrate things that are inaccessible to some of my students.

    One software tool I would like to implement in my future classroom is Scratch. Scratch is a coding software platform that uses block-based programming so students can create interactive stories, animations, and games. If students utilize this logic and reasoning to create fun things, I can build these skills so they can use them in other areas as well. Another thing I will implement is some sort of learning management system like Google Classroom, Schoology, or Canvas. These enable teachers to create and distribute assignments, provide feedback, and facilitate communication with students. 

Comments

Popular Posts