Blog Journal 1

Blog Journal #1

    Hi, everyone! My name is Lily and I am from Jacksonville, Florida (Go Jags!!). I am the oldest of four children, with three younger brothers. I have a dog named Tally for Tallahassee, and she is a Mini Australian Shepherd. My majors are Human Development and Family Sciences and Public Health with minors Psychology and Chemistry, and I am currently considering a career in education. That's why I decided to take this class this semester!

    I think I have had the opportunity to grow up in a unique time for educational technology. When I was in elementary school, my grade was the first grade they used to try out the new class sets of iPads. In middle school, we were the first class to get Chromebooks. My high school also supplied iPads for every student. Having all of this be so new as I was going through school meant that there were many opportunities for learning, as we had to try to figure these things out on our own a lot of the time. I've used several LMS such as Schoology and Canvas, but I've also explored other interactive systems like Padlet, Google Drive, Microsoft Office, and Canva. 

    My Personal Learning Network consists of my teachers and professors, peers who are entering similar education-related fields, people who currently work as teachers, blogs and social media accounts that I follow online, and videos I watch about the teaching profession on YouTube or other platforms. While some of these are in person, others are online. Living in a time where I am able to interact with others online has allowed me to broaden my PLN more than I could have before. I look forward to growing it more as I continue my academic journey at FSU!


Comments

  1. Hi Lily! I'd love to see a picture of Tally! That is the cutest name. 2 majors and 2 minors must keep you super busy. I would highly recommend finding clubs or groups on campus that you can use to expand your PLN even further. Wishing you good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lily! My high school also required iPads for students to use in class and I definitely agree that it made the learning process very unique. Having this practice with applications such as Google Docs/Slides/Sheets, Notability, and Canva before coming to college helped me feel prepared to succeed in the classroom. I also agree that online communication platforms broaden our PLNs even further and help us network with others in the career fields we're interested in. Great post, can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lily, I am also from Jacksonville. I went to Nease. The trip back home is sure convenient. I agree that online methods of communication can improve and expand our PLNs. I enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts